Life Group Leader
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Life Group leader!
Life Group leaders play a critical role in helping us achieve God's goal of leading people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ! Therefore, Life Group leaders are responsible for providing their groups with vision, direction, and support. Leaders are most successful when they are actively growing in their own relationship with God, in their relationship with other believers, and with influence with those outside the church family. Life Group leaders are supported by a SCFBC staff member.
- 1. Have a personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ (preferably for two years or more)
- 2. Recognize the Bible as the authority for their lives
- 3. Preferably have Life Group or Small Group experience
- 4. Support the ministry and vision of the church
- 5. Have the time, emotional capacity, and moral discernment to lead a group
- Lead the group by facilitating the group meeting, monitoring the group's overall health, and promoting participation among group members
- Have the skill and expertise to lead the participants in learning the principles unique to the particular Life Group.
- Commit to engage in leadership development opportunities
- Identify and develop a qualified apprentice and embrace apprentice leader development
- For married Life Groups, both husband and wife actively participate in all group leadership activities
- Meet at least 8 times of the 12 weeks
If you are interested in pursuing Life Group Leadership please complete the application:
Once you have completed the application you will be contacted for an interview.
If you have further questions please call Margareth Valui or the church office at 408-241-7635.