Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:19-21).
3 Reasons Why We Should Invest In Heaven
- A. Jesus Came From Heaven (John 6:38)
- B. Jesus Taught About Heaven (Luke 4:43)
- C. Jesus Went To Heaven (John 16:28, Acts 1:9)
Did you know?
- Roughly 2350 times money is mentioned in the Bible
- Jesus talked about money more than hell and heaven.
- Jesus talked about money more than faith and prayer.
- 11 parables were about money.
- 1 in 7 verses in the three gospels are about money
- The only subject Jesus taught more than money is on the kingdom of God.
Investing your money in the kingdom of God is smart thing.
Living for a paycheck is often for immediate gratification and pleasure and we lose sight of eternity.
3 Examples From Jesus On How To Live For Eternity
- A. Jesus Experienced Homelessness Yet Experienced Heaven On Earth (Luke 17:21)
Did You Know?
- Jesus was homeless at His birth
- Jesus lived as a foreigner in another country right after his birth
- Jesus was homeless again when He started His ministry
- Jesus invested His adult life in the kingdom of God
- Jesus demonstrated the kingdom of God through His life and teaching
"And she brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn (Luke 2:7).
"Jesus said to him, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head." (Matthew 8:20).
- B. Jesus Engaged With The Homeless To Engage People About Heaven (Mark 5:1-20, Mark 1:40-45)
Did You Know?
- Jesus engaged with the homeless ( A man living at the tomb with unclean spirit)
- Jesus engaged with a homeless leper
- Jesus who was homeless had compassion on the homeless
- Jesus healed the sick and drove out demons to demonstrate the Kingdom of God has come upon them
- Jesus embraced homelessness to point to heaven.
- Jesus did not come into this world to earn a paycheck from God; He came to pay off our debts.
"Go home to your friends, and tell them what great things the Lord has done for you, and how He has had compassion on you" (Mark 5:19).
"But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you (Matthew 12:28).
- C. Jesus Educated On Homelessness To Educate About Heaven (Luke 16:19-31)
Did You know?
- Jesus spoke about Lazarus the homeless beggar to point to heaven
- Jesus spoke about a certain rich man to highlight the comfort of heaven and the torment of hell
- Jesus spoke it is not wealth, influences or poverty but repentance is need to enter the kingdom of God
"But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented (Luke 16:25).
Jesus said, "Follow me." We cannot go wrong following Jesus. Trust in His promises.
You cannot go wrong investing in the kingdom God