"Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance" (Acts 26:19-20)
- Project "X" is going out with the blessing "Be fruitful and multiply."
- Project "X" is running on "I will bless, I will multiply."
- Project "X" is fulfilling "Make disciples of all nations."
- Project "X" 2x1 is planting two new churches by 2020.
The Genesis of Project "X" is rooted in the "First Blessing-" Be fruitful and multiply and the "Great Commission"- Go and make disciples of all nations.
God's intent for His people did not change with time and events. His First Blessings was spoken as a Promise to Abraham- I will bless, I will multiply (Genesis 17:2, 22:7). God vowed His promise to Jacob, the son of Abraham (Genesis 35:11).
The original intent of God for the first family "Be Fruitful and Multiply" in the Old Testament is evident in the Great Commission of Jesus -Make disciples of all nation (Matthew 28:18-20).
THE HEAVENLY VISION
"I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me" (Acts 26:17-18).
Paul stood before the cultured audience and articulated his response to the command of Jesus. Paul reasoned why this was a step forward and upward.
Paul standing before King Agrippa among Gentiles and Jews is fulfillment of God's calling: But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel (Acts 9:15).
Paul's Defense (Similar to speech on the stair Acts 22 & Stephen's speech Acts 7).
- Their Eyes
- Herodians, Simonians may also be likened to the symbol of evil ("MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH" - Revelation 17:5)
- Eyes opened not to the world (deceived by serpent "to be like God") as in Genesis 3:5
God opened the eyes of Paul. He is still working to open the eyes of the people of the world.
That They May Turn
- From Darkness To Light
- From The Power of Satan To God
- Felix, Festus, Agrippa & Bernice vs Paul The Apostle: The Kingdom of Rome and The Kingdom of God (Acts 24-26).
God desires all people to turn from darkness into His marvelous light
That They May Receive
- Forgiveness Of Sins
- An Inheritance
"And now I stand and am judged for the hope of the promise made by God to our fathers" (Acts 26:6).
God's promise still stands for all people.
Those Who Are Sanctified
- By Faith In Me
- Sanctification means...
- To separate from profane (unclean) things and be dedicated to God
- To purify internally by renewing of the soul
Are we obedient to the heavenly vision?