- The Gospel Has The Power To Create Change In Any Circumstances
- The Gospel With a Vision From God Can Change Any City
- The Gospel Lived Out In Its True Form Can Change Lives
1 Thessalonians 1:5 For our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Spirit and in much assurance, as you know what kind of men we were among you for your sake.
THE POWER OF THE GOSPEL
- The origin of Paul gospel is of God (1Th 2:2,8,9).
- The substance is Christ' (3:2; 2Th 1:8).
- The bearer of it is Paul (1Th 2:4,9; 2Th 2:14).
- They have been entrusted with this gospel (1Th 2:4).
- They preach it (Ga 2:2).
THE GOSPEL DID NOT COME IN WORDS ONLY
- The gospel came in Word & With Power
- The gospel came with the Holy Spirit and Much Assurance
THE CONDITION ON HOW THEY HEARD THE GOSPEL
- They received the word in much affliction
- They received the word with joy of the Holy Spirit
6 And you became followers of us and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Spirit.
THE IMPACT OF LIVING OUT THE GOSPEL
- The Thessalonians became As An example
8 For from you the word of the Lord has sounded forth, not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place. Your faith toward God has gone out, so that we do not need to say anything.
- The Thessalonians were as a sounding board or transmitting station in word and faith
9 For they themselves declare concerning us what manner of entry we had to you, and how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God,
- The Thessalonians turning to God from idols to serve the living and true God inspires others to do the same.
7 So that you became examples to all in Macedonia and Achaia who believe.
From Santa Clara First Baptist Church The Word of The Lord And Our Faith Toward God goes out To Santa Clara, The Valley And In Every Place.