Three Things You Need To Make A Comeback
Mark 16:6 But he said to them, "Do not be alarmed. You seek Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He is risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid Him.
Who Will Roll The Stone? Mark 16:3
- Do Not Stop trying because the problem is too big
- Keep going in the face of unsurmountable problem
- Comeback begins when we start facing the problem.
Pax Romana: Roman peace and Prosperity
The clash between Rome and Christ was a clash of two kingdoms. Rome provided peace by taking away freedom; Christ gave peace by giving up His life.I am The Way, The Truth And The Life
Jesus came during the Pax Romana and said, "I am the Way, The Truth and The Life." My peace I give to you not as the world gives (John 14:6,27).
There is no resurrection of the dead? 1 Corinthians 15:17
- Jesus said there is resurrection to the Sadducees
- Josephus wrote Jesus resurrected from the dead
- Paul wrote many people saw the resurrected Christ
Many who had researched on Jesus with an open mind came to conclusion that He was a historical figure. Josephus the Jewish historian who retired in Rome wrote the Jewish Wars and Antiquities wrote about Jesus
Jesus mentioned in Antiquities
|"About this time there lived Jesus, a wise man [if indeed one ought to call him a man.]||"At this time there was a wise man who was called Jesus.|
|For he was one who wrought surprising feats and was a teacher of such people as accept the truth gladly.||And his conduct was good, and he was known to be virtuous.|
|He won over many Jews and many of the Greeks. [He was the Christ.]||And many people from among the Jews and the other nations became his disciples.|
|When Pilate, upon hearing him accused by men of the highest standing amongst us, had condemned him to be crucified, those who had in the first place come to love him did not give up their affection for him.||Pilate condemned him to be crucified and to die. And those who had become his disciples did not abandon his discipleship.|
|[On the third day he appeared to them restored to life, for the prophets of God had prophesied these and countless other marvelous things about him.] And the tribe of the Christians, so called after him, has still to this day not disappeared."||They reported that he had appeared to them after his crucifixion and that he was alive; accordingly, he was perhaps the Messiah concerning whom the prophets have recounted wonders."|
Paul responded to the people in Corinth who said there was no resurrection.
- Mary Magdalene saw the resurrected Christ
- The disciples saw the resurrected Christ
- Over 500 people saw the resurrected Christ at one time (Some were still alive)
- Paul saw the resurrected Christ
Christ is not the problem, Christians are.
- We need to go back to basics. Follow Jesus and His Teachings.
- We need to go back selfless service. Serving without personal gain but out of love and compassion.
- We need to forgive others- truly showing grace.
- We need humility, treating all people as equal, not thinking highly of yourself and better than others.
Resurrection is a revolution.
- It is not Insurrection but Incarnational- it is the path to higher consciousness that you have the DNA of God within you.
- It is not a rebellion but redemption- it is the path to overcome your fleshly/worldly desire
- It is an uprising- an uprising of your soul to commune with God.
- It is to bring to bring the kingdom of God here on earth- peace, healing, reconciliation and love.