And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him, "Which commandment is the most important of all?" Jesus answered, "The most important is, 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' The second is this: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these." Mark 12:28-31
What kind of "Love" does God expect?
- The "agape" love is more than a feeling, it's a verb.
- This love needs to be done with everything we have in us.
Are we reaching our potential?
- God has plans for our lives.
- God needs us to be healthy to fulfill those plans.
How do we get healthy?
- Heart, mind and soul deal with our mental health.
- Strength deals with our physical health.
- We need to take care of both.
What can the Medical Ministry Team do?
- We want to provide education, counseling, resources.
- We need to know what you need help with.
How do we love our neighbor?
- We need to make disciples, not converts.
- We need to be invested in BOTH the salvation and the earthly lives of our community.