KEY MESSAGE:The key message of this series is JESUS.
The Series "JESUS TO CHRIST" is designed "that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing, you may have life in His name."
THE 6-WEEK SERIES
Take a journey with Jesus to the Cross and Beyond. This is an invitation to all ordinary members and followers of Jesus to reflect on the extraordinary journey of His last days, as told in the Gospel of John.
The 6-week series is designed to answer the question: "Who do you say I am?" From Jesus to Christ is not about focusing on when did Jesus become Christ. Instead, the series will focus on when did people and His disciples know that Jesus was Christ and Lord.
WEEK ONE: FIRST SERIES
In this series, we will learn how to introduce Jesus simply and clearly to others: The Jesus Way
HOW JESUS REVEALED HIS IDENTITY
- 1. Jesus Showed Love To Reveal His Identity
- 2. Jesus Prayed And Revealed The Father (God) To Reveal His Identity
- 3. Jesus Taught The Scriptures To Reveal His Identity
- 4. Jesus Modeled Relationship To Reveal His Identity
JOURNEY WITH JESUS TO BETHANY(John 11:1-45)
- Jesus revealed His identity: "I am the resurrection and the life" (John 11:25).
- Jesus said you need to believe to live: "And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die" (John 11:26).
- Martha confessed, "Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God" (John 11:27).
- "Jesus wept" for His friends and showed great compassion (John 11:35).
- Jesus prayed and revealed His Father: "They may believe that You sent Me" (John 11:42).
- Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead (John 11:43).
- "Then the chief priests and the Pharisees gathered a council and plotted to put Him to death" (John 11:47-53).
JOURNEY WITH JESUS TO THE CITY OF EPHRAIM(John 11:54-57)
- Jesus went to the city of Ephraim because the religious leaders wanted to seize Him (John 11:57).
TAKE A JOURNEY WITH JESUS BACK TO BETHANY(John 12:1-11)
TAKE A JOURNEY WITH JESUS TO JERUSALEM(John 12:12-19)
- The triumphal entry (John 12:12-15)
PAUSE HERE(The disciples have not understood that Jesus is Christ and Lord)
"His disciples did not understand these things at first; but when Jesus was glorified, then they remembered that these things were written about Him and that they had done these things to Him" (John 12:16).