Sunday February 23rd, 2020 - Pastor Wungreiso Valui
"There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of what was called the Italian Regiment, a devout man and one who feared God with all his household, who gave alms generously to the people, and prayed to God always." (Acts 10:1-2 NKJV)
Be consistent in doing what you believe even when you are not getting instant results. Do not let the discouraging short-term feedback rob the long-term rewards.
Cornelius Did Two Things Consistently
- He gave alms generously to people.
- He prayed to God always.
Be Consistent In The Message: Two Visions of God Consistent to His message
"My House Shall Be Called A House Of Prayer For All Nations." (Isaiah 56:6-8)
"I Will Pour Out My Spirit On All Flesh." (Joel 2)
Be Consistent In Action: Two Consistent Actions of God
- God gave two visions to two individuals for one purpose. (Acts 10:3-15)
- God sent the Promised and poured out the Holy Spirit to the Church in two separate events. (Acts 2 & Acts 10)
The Consistent Theme In The Story In Acts - Chapter 10
- Cornelius prayed.
- Peter prayed.
- Cornelius took action on God's instructions.
- Peter took action on God's instructions.
The Results Of Consistency
- 1. Prayers Answered: God Sent a Messenger
"And when he observed him, he was afraid, and said, 'What is it, lord?' So he said to him, 'Your prayers and your alms have come up for a memorial before God.'" (Acts 10:4)
- 2. Questions Explained: Cornelius Obeyed God and Sent Two messengers
"Now while Peter wondered within himself what this vision which he had seen meant, behold, the men who had been sent from Cornelius had made inquiry for Simon's house, and stood before the gate." (Acts 10:17)
- 3. Promises Fulfilled: The Holy Spirit Fell on the Gentiles
"While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who heard the word. And those of the circumcision who believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also. For they heard them speak with tongues and magnify God." (Acts 10:44-46 NKJV)
- 4. Lives Changed
"Then Peter answered, 'Can anyone forbid water, that these should not be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?'And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord." (Acts 10:47-48)
- Be consistent in prayer.
- Be consistent in generosity.