- How many shows are there every night?
- We have five performances every night that start every half hour. You do not need to show up at 6:30pm to see Bethlehem, you can come at a later time.
- How long does the show last?
The main performance is 30 minutes long, but we recommend planning
on being here for an hour and a half if you want to see everything. In addition
to the main performance in the town, there are performances by the wise men as well
as the shepherds outside of the town, with each happening at the same time as the main show.
If it is your first time, watch the Joseph and Mary show in the town of Bethlehem first, and then explore later.
Also, you will want to make sure you have time to explore the interactive marketplace.
- What is the best night to attend?
- Thursday nights are definitely the least crowded night to come, and each night gets progressively more crowded. Sunday night between 6pm to 7:30pm is the busiest night of the 5 and will have a long line. Any night starting around 7:30pm will also be low on crowds.
- What should I wear?
- Bethlehem is completely outside, so make sure to dress warm. The town is covered with sand, so we recommend that you wear shoes that you do not mind getting dirty.
- How much does it cost to attend?
- The show is completely free, however donations are gratefully accepted.
- Are pets allowed?
- No. Bethlehem can be very crowded and it is not safe for pets to be there. We also have many live animals as part of the show that are frightened by other animals.
- Is the show wheelchair accessible?
- Yes, but be aware that the town is sandy, so you will need to be able to move your wheelchair through the thin layer of sand that is on top of our parking lot.
- Where do we park?
- Parking is free but is limited and takes place across the street at Santa Clara High School or around the neighborhood if the school lots fill up. All of the lots typically fill up by 7pm on busy nights (Sat/Sun/Mon).
- How can I donate money towards the Bethlehem event?
- The Bethlehem event is completely funded through fund raisers like our church rummage sales, donations we receive by guests at the Bethlehem entrance, and by donors who want to keep the Bethlehem tradition alive. Each year's event costs around $25,000 to produce. If you would like to donate money towards Bethlehem you can donate using this secure link.
- What if I want to be involved in Bethlehem?
Many people from the community come and help build and perform in Bethlehem. If you
want to help build, we meet in the Bethlehem parking lot every Saturday in November from
9am - 3pm with lunch provided. Jobs include building the sets, costume prep, and marketplace prep.
All ages are invited.
During the week of Bethlehem we decorate the market place and lay down the sand.
If you want to be involved during the performance nights please email Jerry Cintas at firstname.lastname@example.org with what area you would like to work in. We have options of: main cast, market place vendors, towns people, wisemen entourage (jr/sr high students), parking, hot chocolate.