Reading God's Word: Bible 1011) Choose a translation that works for you.
- New International Version (NIV)
- New Living Translation (NLT)
- English Standard Version (ESV)
- Read one chapter from the book of Genesis each day
- Read through a book like Mark, or John, one chapter at a time (both found in the new Testament) each day.
- Read one chapter from the book of Psalms each day
- Read one chapter from the book of Proverbs each day
- What does this teach me about God?
- What does this teach me about myself?
- What questions do I now have that need further thought or discussion?
- What is one practical way I can apply this lesson today?
- How to Read the Bible for All It's Worth by Gordon Fee and Douglas Stuart
- Rick Warren's Bible Study Methods: Twelve Ways You Can Unlock God's Word by Rick Warren