Mission & Strategy
Santa Clara First Baptist Church exists to carry out the Great Commission given to it by Jesus in Matthew 28:18-20:
"Then Jesus came to them and said, 'All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
Specifically for us this means we are here to "evangelize and disciple the people of the Santa Clara Valley."
To fulfill this commission we pursue five objectives to create a church that is reaching it's full redemptive potential. These objectives are the following:
- Magnify the name of the One who has been given all authority in our worship.
- Minister in love to the needs of our Membership.
- Enable each other to grow to Maturity in our personal relationship/commitment to Christ.
- Equip each other to grow in our knowledge of personal giftedness to accomplish the Ministry of the church.
- Impact the life of our local and wider communities in Mission for Christ.