12 " And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write, 'These things says He who has the sharp two-edged sword:
CHRIST HAS THE ULTIMATE POWER OVER LIFE AND DEATH
- Anyone Who Keeps His Words Shall Never See Death (Jn 8:51)
- Anyone Who Hears His Word And Believe In Him Has Eternal Life (Jn 5:24)
Note: The Word of God is sharper than the two-edged sword.
13 "I know your works, and where you dwell, where Satan's throne is. And you hold fast to My name, and did not deny My faith even in the days in which Antipas was My faithful martyr, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells.
CHRIST IS SEATED ON THE THRONE AS THE ULTIMATE JUDGE
- Christ Judges Our Works
- Christ Judges Our Faith
Note: Satan cannot dethrone Christ. In the midst of trials and tribulation Christ is still in control.
14 "But I have a few things against you, because you have there those who hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols, and to commit sexual immorality. 15 "Thus you also have those who hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.
CHRIST'S TEACHING IS THE ONLY TRUE TEACHING
- Christ Is Against Idolatry And Immorality (Doctrine of Balaam)
- Christ Is Against False Freedom or Licentiousness (Doctrine of Nicolaitans)
Note: Do not corrupt the teaching of Jesus
16 'Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth
CHRIST DEMANDS REPENTANCE FOR REDEMPTION
- Christ Is Coming As A Result of Sin
- Christ Will Come As A Warrior With The Sharp Sword of The Word
Note: Without repentance there is no reconciliation
17 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it."
CHRIST WILL REWARD THOSE WHO HOLD FAST TO THEIR FAITH
- Christ Will Give A Hidden Manna: He Is The Bread of Life
- Christ Will Give Him A White Stone: A Charmed Fellowship With God
Note: The glorified Christ will reward the victorious ones.