H.O.P.E. SV is a vision inspired by the words of Jesus in Matthew 25:31-46.
Santa Clara First Baptist Church is "Building Hope in Silicon Valley." The vision of H.O.P.E. is vividly described by Jesus Christ.
"Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me. And the King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me." (Matthew 25:34-36, 40).These words define our present vision and the envisioned future: "Live like Christ to Live with Christ."
JESUS IS THE DEFINING HOPE
In order for us to enter the kingdom of God we have to identify with Christ. So if we arefollowers of Jesus, then we live by what He taught and How He lived.
- Jesus identified with the hungry
- Jesus identified with the thirsty
- Jesus identified with the stranger
- Jesus identified with the naked
- Jesus identified with the sick
- Jesus identified with those in prison
JESUS EXPECT HIS FOLLOWERS TO BE THE HOPE
- The hungry
- The thirsty
- The Stranger
- The Naked
- The Sick
- The Prisoners
We participate in the Outreach initiatives to build hope and bridge opportunities.
Disengaged Students could become Dropouts
Dropouts could lead to Poverty
Poverty could cause ill Health
Ill Health could lead to Unemployment
Unemployment could lead to Incarceration - Wungreiso Valui
What is H.O.P.E?
H- Hunger & Health, O- Outreach- P- Prayer E- Education
H.O.P.E. SV is HOPE SILICON VALLEY. We love our city and H.O.P.E SV is "Love in Action." We live in a prosperous city but there are many who live in poverty. We are "Building Hope in Silicon Valley" and doing our part to:
- Help alleviate Hunger & Health insecurity.
- Outreach initiatives to build hope and bridge opportunities.
- Pray with power for people to live life with a purpose.
- Engage education and empower the students
- Rely on God to Teach: I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall say - Exodus 4:12
The Helper, the Holy Spirit He will teach you all things - John 14:26.
- Teach God's Way: You shall teach them the statutes and the laws - Exodus 18:20
Teach them to your children and your grandchildren - Deuteronomy 4:9
They may observe them in the land which I am giving them to possess - Deuteronomy 5:31
- Ask God To Teach You: Teach me Your path - Psalm 25:4
- Teach Like Jesus: He departed from there to teach and to preach in their cities - Matthew 11:1
WHY EDUCATION READINESS & MATTHEW 25:34-40
Children Will Know God And His Works (Psalm 78:3-4)
Which we have heard and known, And our fathers have told us. We will not hide them from their children,
Generation To Come Will Praise God (Psalm 78:4)
Telling to the generation to come the praises of the LORD, And His strength and His wonderful works that He has done.
Children Who Would Be Born May Know God (Psalm 78:5-6)
That the generation to come might know them, The children who would be born, That they may arise and declare them to their children
People May Set Their Hopes In God (Psalm 78:7)
That they may set their hope in God, And not forget the works of God
People May Keep His commandments (Psalm 78:4)