Why is fasting important?
- 1. Well first and foremost: Fasting is spending time with God.
- 2. Fasting is more than going hungry.
- 3. Somethings only happen when we dedicate time to God.
Discomfort is Good
- 1. Seeking Comfort
- 2. Allowing God to carry you through the fast will increase your faith
- 3. Short-term gain or Long-term benefits
- 1. Okay, but how was fasting used in the Bible? Biblical leaders fasted to bring clarity, confidence, and commitment to what God was asking of them. For example:
- 2. Seeking God's help