Kaboom! - SPEEDway Labs
Our SPEEDway Labs series continues to be filled with fun, faith, and fantastic science experiments! In this series, the children are learning the basics of what we believe as Christians. Then, we're asking the question - So What? What difference do these beliefs make in our lives?
Here's what we've learned so far:
- God is love. Therefore, we will love others.
- God is good. Therefore, we will be thankful.
- Jesus is our Savior. Therefore, we will invite others to know him.
- The Holy Spirit is the power of God living in us. Therefore, we will STOP, PRAY and TRUST.
- The Bible is God's Word. Therefore, we will read it.
- The Church is like a body. Therefore we will do our part.
We've had a wonderful and exciting time learning about the difference our faith makes, while also seeing cause and effect in action through our Bible Zone science experiments. Through our experiments we've watched a chemical reaction blow up a balloon, pierced a straw through a potato, figured out why a bowling ball floats but a metal screw will sink, and made music with glasses of water.
Here are some volunteer needs we have in the SPEEDway Children's Ministry. If you are interested, please contact Pastor Jenny at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration Team - Serve on rotation. The Registration Team oversees check-in/out, welcoming of new families, and taking attendance.
Craft Zone - Serve once a month. Craft Zone leaders lead small groups of children in the weekly craft. Lesson and craft supplies provided.
Snack Zone - Serve once a month. Snack Zone leaders lead small groups of children in their snack lesson. Lesson and snack supplies provided.
Snack Providers - On rotation, bring snack items for our preschool and elementary age children. Guaranteed happy faces in return!