"When He had called the people to Himself, with His disciples also, He said to them, Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel's will save it." Mark 8:34-35
- When you DISOWN your own dream, you begin to DISCOVER God's dream.
- When you SURRENDER to God, you begin to experience the VICTORY of God.
- When you FOLLOW Jesus, you will begin to LEAD others to God.
"Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself."
- To follow Jesus is voluntary.
- To deny means to disown. Disown your selfish desires to discover God's selfless sacrificial love.
- When you delight in Jesus, God will fulfill the desires of your heart.
What is in your mind and heart everyday? Is it aligned with Jesus?
"let him deny himself, and take up his cross."
- The call to follow Jesus is to surrender to Him.
- The cross is a place of surrender. You cannot go to God without surrendering to Jesus.
- To bear your cross is the condition to become a follower of Jesus.
Are you surrendering to Jesus daily?
"and follow Me."
- First, Jesus is the only way to God. He knows the way, He has the truth and He can give you eternal life.
- When you follow Jesus, He will lead you to God's victory.
- Following Jesus is not a one time declaration, it is a daily commitment.
Are you following Jesus' command to lead others to God?