"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many." (Mark 10:45)
- Let your service give HOPE to people.
- Let your service cause people to experience the LOVE of God.
Defining The Word "SERVE"
- To serve is to minister. Be ready to serve. Be so earnest to serve that you raise a cloud of dust in your hurry to serve.
- To serve is self-sacrifice: A direct contrast to self-seeking.
Do You Think You Would Have Served Jesus In His Time?
- Do not skip this question. Dwell on what it means to you.
- In Mark 10 there are people who did not serve Jesus. They saw Jesus, but they would not serve him.
What Do You Want Me To Do For You?
- Jesus illustrated His teaching on serving others by serving blind Bartimaeus.
The Reasons Why Serving Is The Path To A Meaningful Life
- 1. When You Serve You Will Be Exalted
"Even The Son of Man"
Greatness is directly tied to serving others. If you want to be great, become a servant.
"The greatest among you shall be your servant. Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted." (Matthew 23:11-12)
"Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me."(Matthew 25:40)
- 2. When You Serve, You Enhance Your Spiritual Gifts
"Jesus Did Not Come To Be Served"
The purpose of your gifts and talents is found in serving.
"As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace." (1 Peter 4:10)
- 3. When You Serve Others God Will Honor You
"But To Serve"
Service comes before honor. If you want to be honored by God, serve others first.
"If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him. (John 12:26)
- 4. When You Serve, You Will Receive The Inheritance As Your Reward
"To Give His Life"
What you save for yourself is all you will ever have, while what you give to God He will multiply.
"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ." (Colossians 3:23-24)
- 5. When You Serve Righteously You Are Acceptable To God And Approved By Man
"A Ransom For Many"
Serve everyone without partiality
"For he who serves Christ in these things is acceptable to God and approved by men." (??Romans 14:18)
"And he sat down and called the twelve. And he said to them, 'If anyone would be first, he must be last of all and servant of all.'" (Mark 9:35)
- 6. When You Serve, Miracles Can Happen
- The widow served Elijah (1 Kings 17)
- Jesus turned water into wine
- Jesus fed 5000 people and 4000 people
Let your service give hope to people.
Let your service cause people to experience the love of God.
"Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world." (James 1:2)