The IMPossible Miracle
More Rejoicing, Less Raging
Sunday December 1st, 2019 - Pastor Wungreiso Valui
- Rejoicing Is A Choice
- Rejoicing Is A Command
- Rejoicing Is The Will Of God
- Rejoice In The Lord
"And having come in, the angel said to her, 'Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!' But when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and considered what manner of greeting this was. Then the angel said to her, 'Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus.'" (Luke 1:28-31)
The IMPOSSIBLE Miracle Christmas series is about God with whom nothing is IMPOSSIBLE. He is the Great I AM and I am possible because of the Great I Am. "BELIEVE in the INVISIBLE and EXPECT the IMPOSSIBLE."
How hard can it be to rejoice? How hard can it be to find joy? (Try It!)
REJOICING IS A CHOICE
- "And you will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth." (Luke 1:14)
- Elizabeth chose to rejoice in the Lord and said God had taken away her disgrace, her embarrassment, and her reproach. Rejoicing is a choice. It takes faith to rejoice.
- Joy is not dependent on external conditions. Instead it is contingent on living by faith and trusting in the promises of God:that God has a plan for your life.
- Plan and Prepare To ReJoice in Your Everyday Life
REJOICING IS A COMMAND
- "But the angel said to them, 'Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.'" (Luke 3:10-11)
- To the shepherds, their lives may have seemed insignificant compared to the Roman rulers, the religious rulers, and the elite of the society, but they rejoiced because the Messiah was born.
- Believe God's Promises and Rejoice
REJOICING IS THE WILL OF GOD
- "When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceedingly great joy." (Matthew 2:10)
- The wisemen rejoiced for it was the will of God in Christ Jesus.
- Two people can experience similar events, but one may live it quite differently than the other. One may trust and rejoice in the promise and live. The other may choose to live in despair and be destroyed by it.
REJOICE IN THE LORD
- "And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior." (Luke 1:47)
- Mary rejoiced in the Lord.
- Rejoice in the Lord when you have nothing else to rejoice ("Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice." Philippians 4:4).
Rejoicing is a choice: Then you need to plan and prepare for it. Joy may not happen quickly enough, but then you must make the choice to rejoice.
Rejoice Prescriptions that can help you rejoice (create your own list, too).
- Enjoy nature. I often see an older gentleman walk by our house. One of my neighbors has a rose bush with big roses on it. He will stop, look and smell the roses.
- Enjoy a movie with your family or friends, and by that I mean let go and just enjoy the movie and your time together. Don't worry about the next thing you need to do.
- Enjoy your favorite music. It could be your favorite song when you were in high school or college.
- Enjoy reading a book (but not a self-help book).Also read your favorite Bible stories.
- Enjoy a good food.
- Enjoy a swim or work out at the gym.
- Enjoy sports or games.
- Enjoy doing nothing.