The IMPossible Miracle
More Being, Less Doing
Sunday December 22nd, 2019 - Pastor Wungreiso Valui
Luke 1:63, 64, 67
Spiritual Disciplines In The Christmas Story
"And he asked for a writing tablet, and wrote, saying, 'His name is John.' So they all marveled. Immediately his mouth was opened and his tongue loosed, and he spoke, praising God. Now his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Spirit, and prophesied, saying (Luke 1:63, 64, 67)
- Many of the great acts of God were done in secrecy. Jesus told his disciples many times not to tell anyone what He had said or done.
- Secrecy is not popularity, publicity, or celebrity.
- Secret stillness is a Sacred moment with God.
More Being In Silence
- Be with God in silence and He will do the deep work within us. Do not make things happen. Do nothing and let God do everything.
- Zachariah was silent for nine months.
"But behold, you will be mute and not able to speak until the day these things take place, because you did not believe my words which will be fulfilled in their own time." (Luke 1:20 NKJV)
- Jesus was silent.
"Then he questioned Him with many words, but He answered him nothing." (Luke 23:9 NKJV)
More Being In The Secret Place
- Be with God who is in the secret place; then, God who sees in secret will reward you openly.
- Joseph thought secretly.
"Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not wanting to make her a public example, was minded to put her away secretly. But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, 'Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.'" (Matthew 1:19-20)
More Being In Hiddenness
- In hiddenness, we are closest to the source of our being. In hiddenness, we find who we are.
- Elizabeth found joy in hiddenness.
"Now after those days his wife Elizabeth conceived; and she hid herself five months, saying, 'Thus the Lord has dealt with me, in the days when He looked on me, to take away my reproach among people.'" (Luke 1:24-25)
More Being In Rest
- Be at rest with God. A restful heart experiences the reality of God and is visible to people who are desperately seeking for rest.
- Mary' met the restless world with the spiritual rest in her heart.
"And Mary remained with her for three months, and returned to her house." (Luke 1:56 NKJV)
"Then He went down with them and came to Nazareth, and was subject to them, but His mother kept all these things in her heart." (Luke 2:51)
This Week's Practice
- Secrecy in giving
- Secrecy in praying
- Secrecy in fasting
- Stop producing and start praying to God.
- Stop pleasing people and start pleasing God.
- Stop obsessing about stuff and start obeying God.
- Stop talking and start listening. Don't finish the sentence for God. Just listen.