The Gospel Plan
Wash One Another's Feet
Sunday January 26th, 2020 - Pastor Wungreiso Valui
"So when He had washed their feet, taken His garments, and sat down again, He said to them, 'Do you know what I have done to you? You call Me Teacher and Lord, and you say well, for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you.'" John 13:12-15 NKJVJesus washed the feet of His disciples and turned the world upside down.
What is one thing you can do to positively impact others?
"So when He had washed their feet, taken His garments, and sat down again, He said to them, 'Do you know what I have done to you? You call Me Teacher and Lord."
What happens when you wash someone else's feet?
Dirt Intersects With The Divine
"Do you know what I have done to you?"
- 1. The Divine hand has washed your dirty feet to cleanse you.
- 2. You can experience the Divine while washing another's dirty feet.
- 3. Jesus touched the part of the body that touches the dirt beneath our feet. The intersection between that which is dirt (humans were formed from the dirt) and that which is Divine comes from expressing our humility to God by serving others.
Experience Brokenness And The Blessings That Follow
"You also ought to wash one another's feet."
- 1. Exposing your dirty, tired, and broken feet can be a blessing to both the one who washes the feet and the one whose feet are washed.
- 2. Jesus showed us how to embrace our brokenness just before He was about to embrace the cross.
- 3. It is not important what you do, what you have, where you live, or where you walk, when you walk in peace with God.
Showing Solidarity Through Suffering
"For I have given you an example"
- 1. The last act Jesus performed before He went to the cross was to wash the feet of His disciples.
- 2. Your journey in life is blessed because of the others who walked with you.
- 3. Stop and kneel to wash someone else's feet and thank them for making your journey of life more peaceful.
Be Human And Be Holy
"You should do as I have done to you."
- 1. Our Holy Lord performed a human task to honor our Holy God.
- 2. Your most human humble action can be the most Holy and highest calling.
- 3. When Divine love purifies human love, that love flows like the living water and Holy blood of Christ: The water and the blood that cleanses us and makes us whole.