"For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified." (1 Corinthians 2:1-2) NKJV
We can live victoriously in Silicon Valley only by the power given to us in the name of Jesus. Hold firm to your convictions even when people laugh at you, ridicule you, or reject you. Jesus held firm, trusting in God the Father throughout His entire life, throughout the time of His suffering on the cross, and unto death. And then, because of Jesus' trust in His Father, came His resurrection.
Paul held firm to his trust in Jesus even when he was imprisoned, driven out of cities, and bitterly mocked in Athens.
"And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified." (1 Corinthians 2:1-2)
"Except Jesus Christ and Him crucified." (1 Corinthians 2:1-2)
Remain on the narrow track even when people mock you, laugh at you, and show contempt for you because of your convictions.
"So that your faith would not be based on human wisdom but on the power of God." (1 Corinthians 2:5)
- Everyone: Let your thoughts and your words demonstrate the presence of the Holy Spirit and of God's power in your words.
- Pastors and Preachers: Let your preaching be a demonstration of the presence of the Holy Spirit and the power of God in your message.
- Everyone: Share the message that the faith of every believer comes from God, and not from human wisdom or knowledge.
- Jesus' Body was broken for you. Jesus was crucified for you. Jesus gave His life for you. Let the Body of Christ be in you. Let the Blood of Christ run through you. Let the breath of Christ breathe for you.
"For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power." (1 Corinthians 4:20)
- The message of the Gospel is filled with power, rather than being filled with mere words. God came in power not just mere words
- The Kingdom of God also comes in power, rather than as a mere word.
- Observe anyone who says that they come in the name of God. Observe if their words and their works come from the power and presence of God.
- Defend the honor of God's Kingdom by being spiritual parents for the young, and by being a spiritual inspiration for your brothers and sisters in Christ.
You can live victoriously in Silicon Valley by the power given to you through the Name of Jesus.
- 1. Make Jesus Your Foundation
"For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ." (1 Corinthians 3:11)Are you hard-pressed on every side? Know that you are uncrushable.
- 2. Make Jesus Your Leader
"Now I say this, that each of you says, 'I am of Paul,' or 'I am of Apollos,' or 'I am of Cephas,' or 'I am of Christ.'" (1 Corinthians 2:12)
Are you perplexed? Do not despair.
- 3. Make Jesus The Medium Of Your Appeal
"Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing." (1 Corinthians 2:10)
- 4. Make Jesus Known To Others
"Who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ." (1 Corinthians 2:16)
Are you facing persecution? You are not forsaken.
- 5. Make a Place for Jesus in the Center of Your Life
- Become a fool for Christ's sake.
- Become weak for Christ's sake.
"We are fools for Christ's sake, but you are wise in Christ! We are weak, but you are strong! You are distinguished, but we are dishonored! To the present hour we both hunger and thirst, and we are poorly clothed, and beaten, and homeless. And we labor, working with our own hands. Being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we endure; being defamed, we entreat. We have been made as the filth of the world, the off scouring of all things until now." (1 Corinthians 4:10-13)
Are you struck down? Know that you are indestructible.
In all of your seemingly insurmountable challenges, you are more than a conqueror through Jesus, because He loved you so much that He gave up His life for you. Nothing can separate you from the love of God, for in Christ you are the victor, not the victim. Nothing can stand against the omnipotent power of the Resurrection of Jesus!