Living Victoriously In The Power of the Holy Spirit
Sunday April 26th, 2020 - Pastor Wungreiso Valui
1 Corinthians 11:1
To live by the Spirit, look to Jesus as your example and imitate those who, received the promises of faith and patience.
THE PRESENT SITUATION
The Pandemic has disrupted our entire world and radically changed how we live our lives. We all want to know how we can live life victoriously - both during and after the Pandemic.
- Live by the presence of the Holy Spirit, Who is always within you.
- To live victoriously every day, we need to call upon the Holy Spirit. Then, to listen to what He calls upon us to do. And then do it.
- To live by the Holy Spirit we need to seek the Holy Spirit Who is always within us.
Regarding the Church of Jesus Christ, it can serve Jesus, and those who call on Him, only through the power of the Holy Spirit.
3 STEPS FOR LIVING IN AND BY THE HOLY SPIRIT
- 1. IMITATE JESUS.
- 2. IMITATE PAUL AND OTHERS WHO LIVED BY THE SPIRIT.
- 3. WALK IN THE SPIRIT.
IMITATION: Everyone learns from listening to, watching, and/or following others.
"Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma." Ephesians 5:2 NKJV
- Jesus was Led by the Holy Spirit.
"Then Jesus, being filled with the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness." Luke 4:1 NKJV
- "How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with Him." Acts 10:38 NKJV
- Jesus Christ was taught by the Holy Spirit.
"...that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying: Behold! My servant whom I have chosen, 'My Beloved in whom My soul is well pleased! I will put my Spirit upon Him, And He will declare justice to the Gentiles.'" Matthew 12:17-18 NKJV
This prophecy was fulfilled in the life, teachings and works of Jesus of Nazareth.
- Jesus Christ performed His miracles here on earth in the power of the Holy Spirit.
"I cast out devils by the power of the Spirit of God." Matthew 12:28 NKJV
- The Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead.
"But if the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by His Spirit that dwelleth in you." Romans 8:11 NKJV
- Paul was Led by the Holy Spirit
"And a vision appeared to Paul in the night. A man of Macedonia stood and pleaded with him, saying, 'Come over to Macedonia and help us.'" Acts 16:9 NKJV
"Now when they had gone through Phrygia and the region of Galatia, they were forbidden by the Holy Spirit to preach the word in Asia." Acts 16:6 NKJV
- The Holy Spirit set Paul apart to serve God
"So, being sent out by the Holy Spirit, they went down to Seleucia, and from there they sailed to Cyprus." Acts 13:4 NKJV
- Paul was taught by the Holy Spirit
"Paul, an apostle (not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead)." Galatians 1:1 NKJV
- Paul performed extraordinary miracles by the power of the Holy Spirit
"Then Saul, who also is called Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked intently at him. 11 Now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon you, and you will be blind and not see the sun for a time." And immediately a mist and a darkness fell upon him, and he went about seeking those who would lead him by the hand." Acts 13:9-11 NKJV
IMITATE THOSE WHO LIVED BY THE SPIRIT
"That you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12
WALK IN THE SPIRIT
- You begin your walk with the Holy Spirit by first believing in, and then following, Jesus.
- By believing in Jesus, and by following Jesus, you will discover the fruit of the Holy Spirit and then develop it within you.
- The fruit of the Holy Spirit is necessary to live victoriously in this valley.
THREE FRUITS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
- 1. Love, Joy, Peace
- 2. Patience, Kindness, Goodness
- 3. Faithfulness, Gentleness