"God heard their groaning; God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob. God saw the Israelites, and God understood" (Exodus 2:24-25)
"I am the God of your father-the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob." And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God" (Exodus 3:6).
When the odds are against you, expect the unexpected.
God remembers everything and never forgets His promises.
THE BURNING BUSH: God Will Show Up When You Least Expect It--Exodus 3
God feels your pain and He hears your cries. God remembers everything and never forgets anything.
1. GOD HEARS YOUR GROANING
And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush...Moreover He said, "I am the God of your father-the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob." And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God. (Exodus 3:1-6)
Pharaoh's Playbook (Exodus 1 & 2)
The enemy will seek to enslave and oppress you. Seek God, stand firm, it is time to get out of Egypt. The supernatural God will miraculously deliver you from the Pharaoh of your life.
- Pharaoh made the Israelites' lives bitter by hard service with mortar and bricks
- God multiplied the Israelites
- Pharaoh instructed his midwives to kill every child at birth if it is a boy
- God used Shiphrah and Puah to let Israelite boys live and He treated them well
- Pharaoh said all sons that are born must be thrown into the river
- God used Pharaoh's daughter to save Moses
- Pharaoh sought to kill Moses
- God showed up when Moses least expected it
God will show up when you least expect it.
2. GOD REMEMBERS HIS COVENANT/PROMISES
And the Lord said: "I have surely seen the oppression of My people who are in Egypt, and have heard their cry because of their taskmasters, for I know their sorrows (Exodus 3:7).
Moses' Playbook (Exodus 3 & 4)
God can use you despite your doubts, unbelief, and reluctance. God will take you from where YOU ARE to where He PROMISED you to be.
- Moses said "Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh?"
- God said "I will go with you"
- Moses asked "What is your name?" (Who are you?)
- God said "I AM WHO I AM"
- Moses said "I am not Eloquent" (Exodus 4:10)
- God said "I made the mouth"
- Moses said "Send someone else"
- God was angry and He choose Aaron
- Moses did not keep the covenant, he did not circumcise his son
- Zipporah saved Moses by circumcising his son
God feels your pain and He hears your cries.
3. GOD UNDERSTANDS WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH
So I have come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up from that land to a good and large land, to a land flowing with milk and honey, to the place of the Canaanites and the Hittites and the Amorites and the Perizzites and the Hivites and the Jebusites (Exodus 3:8)
God's Redemption Playbook
God's redemption playbook (the plague) was an attack on gods and religious practice - "against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment" (Exodus 12:12).
- God appeared in a burning bush
- God gave Moses miraculous power
- God gave Moses His message to Pharaoh, to let His people go
- Pharaoh took away straw to make bricks and asked them to make the same amount of bricks
- Moses questioned God's judgment
- God sent nine plagues to Egypt
- Pharaoh hardened his heart and he would not let the Israelites go.
- God forced the hand of Pharaoh to let His people go.
God remembers everything and never forgets anything.
He will take you from where you are to where He promised.