The Redemption Playbook
The Blood on the Doorposts
Sunday October 11th, 2020 - Pastor Wungreiso Valui
God will protect you in unexpected ways when you least expect it:
God can deliver you from any circumstance. He will orchestrate events in unexpected ways to release you from oppression.
HERE'S HOW GOD DID IT AND HE WILL DO IT AGAIN:
The Supernatural Playbook (Exodus 9-10):
The Nine Plagues from God's Supernatural Playbook were spectacular. There were two reasons why God sent the plagues to Egypt -
- 1. God declared that He has power over the gods of Egypt. He has power over Pharaoh.
- 2. God sent the plagues to rescue His people and fulfill His promises.
The Passover and the Firstborn Egyptians (Exodus 11-12):
The Tenth plague, the death of the firstborn in Pharaoh's family and in Egypt.
The final plague demonstrates two things -
- 1. The plague targets the most visible god - Pharaoh and his people. The plague is a demonstration of God's unparalleled power, as He is the creator and giver of life.
- 2. The Passover sacrifice, the sacrifice of the lamb, putting the blood of the lamb on the doorposts and on the lintel, requires great faith in God's plan of redemption.
The Splitting of the Red Sea (Exodus 13-14):
The splitting of the Red sea is the most spectacular thing ever.This miracle demonstrates two things -
- 1. God is the God of both the visible and the hidden world. He is the God of the land and the sea.
- 2. God will make a way when there seems to be no way to bring you into His promised land.
FINDING REST ON EARTH AND ETERNAL REST IN HEAVEN
"I Will Give You Rest" - Jesus (Matthew 11:28).
In the book of Exodus, the exit from Egypt, God revealed His plan for rescue and rest.
THREE REVELATIONS ON FINDING REST:
1. Bread From Heaven (Exodus 15-16):
- The first spectacular revelation on REST was the Manna, the Bread from Heaven.
- There was no labor involved in making the bread.
- In John 6:32-35, Jesus compared Himself to manna, saying that He was the bread that came down from heaven.
What is the meaning of this?
In Jesus Christ, you will find rest that is pure and simple. Only Jesus can give you the true rest on earth and in heaven.
2. The Sabbath Rest (Exodus 16:22-23 & Exodus 20:8-11)
The Sabbath rest is presented as the pinnacle of the creation of the universe. What did God do on the seventh day? He created REST- The Sabbath Rest.
The Sabbath rest is a reminder of two things.
- (i) The purpose of God's creation and the role of human beings in it.
- (ii) The historic rescue and redemption of the Israelites from Egypt.
What Is The Meaning Of This?
- The Manna, the bread from heaven and the sabbath rest is a reminder of God's perfect rest.
- The Sabbath rest is a reminder that one day in a week, you are in complete harmony with the creation and the Creator.
Jethro's Advice: Let others bear the burden with you (Exodus 18:19-23)
Seek to find rest by sharing the burden with others. Recognize men and women on whom the Holy Spirit rests, and appoint them to appropriate leadership roles.
Criteria For Choosing Leaders
- 1. Able men who fear God and show no partiality.
- 2. Men of truth; reliable men who keep their promises.
- 3. Men who disdain covetousness, and reject bribes.
Models of Leadership
- 1. Rulers of Thousands
- 2. Rulers of Hundreds
- 3. Rulers of Fifties
- 4. Rulers of Tens
Responsibilities of A Leader
- 1. to intercede before God for the people.
- 2. to bring the toughest decisions to God.
- 3. to teach people God's Statutes and Law.
- 4. to show people the way they must walk and the work they must do.
REST IN GOD'S PROMISES
God took great lengths to redeem you from oppression and affliction to give you rest.
God did spectacular things, humanly impossible things, to rescue His people and give them what He promised.