Then the Lord said to Moses, "Come up to Me on the mountain and be there; and I will give you tablets of stone, and the law and commandments which I have written, that you may teach them." (Exodus 24)
God will be faithful to you even when you are not expecting it:
God is relational. He is all about relationships and He will not fail you. (Exodus 24)
- 1. The Ten Commandments are important because through them, God reveals His Character and Person to His people. (Exodus 24:1-12)
- 2. God revealed Himself to show that relationship Is God's DNA, His core values.
- 3. God desires to live among His people.
And Moses took the blood, sprinkled it on the people, and said, "This is the blood of the covenant which the Lord has made with you according to all these words." (Exodus 24:8)
THOUGHT IS A COMPONENT OF RELATIONSHIPS
Relationships involve the ability to share personal thoughts and emotional intimacy. Commitment to a relationship is a conscious decision.
Three Characteristics Of Thought-Relationships
- 1. Between Man and God: Second Commandment, "You shall have no other God." Simple translation, God is declaring there is no one more important than ME. Don't worship anyone and anything other than ME.
- 2. Between Man and Family: Fifth Commandment, "Honor your father and your mother.". When you honor your parents, you are honoring God, for they are made in the image of God.
- 3. Between Man And Man: Tenth Commandment, "You shall not covet." Simple translation, do not be jealous of others and gaze longingly at what is not yours.
SPEECH IS A COMPONENT OF RELATIONSHIPS
Right words can strengthen relationships. Guard your tongue and give careful attention to your words. Words matter.
Three Characteristics Of Speech-Relationships
- 1. Third Commandment: Between Man and God, "You shall not take the name of the Lord in vain." Do not pronounce the name of God needlessly.
- 2. Sixth Commandment: Between Man and Family, "You shall not murder." especially one's family. Violent speech and slander with intent to brutally malign and injure someone is immoral, sinful and unacceptable before God because violence harms God, in whose image human beings are created.
- 3. Ninth Commandment: Between Man and Man "You shall not bear false witness." When you bear false witness, you are effectively denying Christ who said, "I am the way, the truth and the life." (John 14:6). Evil speech denies Christ.
ACTION IS A COMPONENT OF RELATIONSHIPS
Action is relational. Your actions have meaning when your motive is to love and serve others. Relationship expresses itself through our deeds.
Three Characteristics Of Action-Relationships
- 1. Fourth Commandment: Between Human And God, "Remember the Sabbath Day." Sabbath is more than a day off from physical labor; it is a day to delight in the Lord. The sabbath day signifies the completeness of God's Creation. Sabbath day also is a memorial to God rescuing the Israelites from slavery in Egypt.
- 2. Seventh Commandment: Between Man And Family, "You shall not commit adultery." The exclusive loyalty one must give to God is akin to the exclusive fidelity between husband and wife. The metaphor of marriage, exclusive loyalty between husband and wife, is used to portray the relationship between man and God.
- 3. Eighth Commandment: Between Man And Man, "Thou shalt not steal." Stealing can best be understood as stealing the life of the owner - "So are the ways of everyone who is greedy for gain; It takes away the life of its owners." Proverbs 1:19 (NKJV)
God will always go before you and fight for you. He will secure your future. God will provide for you in ways you would have never imagined.