So it was that while they were there, the days were completed for her to be delivered. And she brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn. (Luke 2:6-7)
You are a Joy.
You are a joy because God loves you unconditionally, and nothing can separate you from the love of God.
BREAKING DOWN THE MESSAGE:
So it was that while they were there, the days were completed for her to be delivered. (Luke 2:6)
- 1. Rejoice in the Simple Truth that God's Love completes you
- Joy is not based on your feelings.
- Joy is the knowledge of God's eternal truth that He loves you, and nothing can change that truth.
Joy Complete in His Word
- God revealed His love to us through the birth of Jesus. The revelation of God's love brings joy and is complete.
- Now if you say to yourselves, "How can we tell that a message is not from the Lord? Whenever a prophet speaks in my name and the prediction is not fulfilled, then I have not spoken it; the prophet has presumed to speak it, so you need not fear him" (Deuteronomy 18:21-22)
- "He will rejoice over you with singing" (Zephaniah 3:17)
- "I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty" (2 Corinthians 6:18)
- Rejoice in this simple truth that God loves you and nothing can change that truth. Everything may pass away, but the word of God will abide forever. The word of God is not a feeling; it is the truth.
And she brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths, and laid Him in a manger (Luke 2:7)
- 2. Rejoice in the Simple Truth that God is the God of Small Things and Small Beginnings
- God came to the earth as a small, powerless, and helpless baby. God could have taken any form to come to earth, but He sent His Son Jesus in the form of a baby.
Joy In the Simple Manger
- There was joy in the Manger when the firstborn Son, Jesus, was born.
- The heavens rejoiced. The angels rejoiced.
- Do not despise small beginnings.
- God is the God of small things and small beginnings.
Every fruit is born of the cycle of seed and harvest.
- There is a miracle in the seed (small and humble).
- There is rejoicing in the harvest (big and joyful).
...because there was no room for them in the inn (Luke 2:7)
- 3. Rejoice in the Simple Miracle that GOD can transform a Simple Place into a Special Place.
- Jesus was born in a simple place in Bethlehem, yet it remains as one of the most beautiful scenes and special moments that has changed the world forever.
- You are valued not because of where you live, but because of the One who lives in you.
How do I do that?
- You can turn around your life right now by taking these simple steps
- Make room for Jesus in your life.
- Believe that Jesus is the Son of God, and commit to follow Him.
How can I make room for Jesus?
- Simply invite Jesus into your life.
- Yes, just like that, "Jesus, come into my life".
- Jesus, come into my heart, to live within me.
- Let go of the old life to make room for the new life.
Applying the Message:
- Simplify your life. Success in life comes through simplification.
- Declutter your physical space.
- You can start decluttering your life by literally decluttering your house.
- Declutter your spiritual space
- Decluttering your spiritual life creates space for God.
- To experience new things, you need to let go of the old things
Go back to the simple, humble beginning and start over.
Rejoice in the simple miracle.