And they came with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the Babe lying in a manger. Now when they had seen Him, they made widely known the saying which was told to them concerning this Child. And all those who heard it marveled at those things which were told to them by the shepherds. (Luke 2:16-18)
You are God's Story: Recharge your life by living the story of your life. Stories define who we are. Living and sharing a compelling story inspires people to believe in something greater than themselves.
And they came with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the Babe lying in a manger (Luke 2:16)
The shepherds told a powerful story that changed the world for the better.
- Compelling stories that inspire people have three components: Transition, Tension, and Transformation
Let's look at how the angels told the story to the shepherds (Luke 2:10-11)
- Do not be afraid: Transition brings fear. Major changes bring fear.
- I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people: To move toward transformation, we need a good story to reassure people. The tension of transition will be tested.
- For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord: A good story is essential in transforming a person.
"I am too small and nothing important will happen to me" "Nothing good ever happens to me."
- No one is too small to have a story.
- No story is too small.
- You are not the one writing the story of your life. God is the author of your story, and He is still writing and not done with it.
Now when they had seen Him, they made widely known the saying which was told to them concerning this Child. (Luke 2:17)
- The shepherd told the story of Jesus.
- A Good Story is not Fact Telling
- A powerful story comes from deep personal conviction.
- Help people rather than focusing on being smart
- A good story heals and helps people.
- Einstein said there are five ascending levels of intelligence:
- Level 5: SMART
- Level 4: INTELLIGENT
- Level 3: BRILLIANT
- Level 2: GENIUS
- Level 1: SIMPLE
To get to simple, you need to go beyond complicated
And all those who heard it marveled at those things which were told to them by the shepherds (Luke 2:18)
The Shepherds told a coherent story
- An engaging and true story has coherence (Luke 2:8-10)
- All those who heard the shepherd's story marveled at the story of the birth of Jesus.
- An engaging story connects the past and present to give a glimpse of the future
- While we were living out in the fields, keeping watch over our flock by night (Past: Before they came to Bethlehem)
- Behold, an angel of the Lord stood before us, and the glory of the Lord shone around us (Present. Telling
- it to the audience)
- The Angel of the Lord before us and said to us, a Savior, who is Christ is born this day in the city of David (Future. Promise)
- Keep the faith and keep it simple
- The simple faith of a sophisticated man is like a baby calling for his father. He simply loves God like children love their father.
APPLYING THE MESSAGE
Unplug From Negative
- Unplug from believing in negative stories you tell about yourself and from negative thoughts
- Unplug from 8 hours of sitting at the desk
- Unplug from staring at the Computer or TV Screen
- Unplug from sitting for a long period of time
Plug In To Positive
- Plug in to God's bigger story. He is the author of the story your life
- Take a walk with the author of your life
- Look at the natural green. God invites you to a much bigger story of your life
- Meditate on the word and pray