The Manger: A Simple Christmas
Reset and Simplify Your Life
Sunday December 27th, 2020 - Pastor Wungreiso Valui
Luke 2:19-20, 33
But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart. Then the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told them. And Joseph and His mother marveled at those things which were spoken of Him (Luke 2:19-20, 33)
You Are A Marvel. You Are Unique.
God created you in His image and sent His Son Jesus to redeem you.
RESET AND SIMPLIFY YOUR LIFE.
"And Joseph and His mother marveled at those things which were spoken of Him."
A Simple Mind Marvels At God. Marveling at God Is An Advent Attitude.
Be ROOTED in discipleship to marvel at God.
- An Advent attitude: I want to follow Jesus because He died for my sins. (It is the opposite of "I have attained something on my own.")
- Isn't that the mind of children who marvel at all they see?
- Saying yes to God is an "Advent Attitude,"- I will trust in you Lord.
- Marveling is a gift.
"But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart."
A Simple Heart Ponders On God's Love. Pondering On God's Love Is An Advent Solitude.
Be ROOTED in the word to ponder on God's amazing love
"The Lord preserves the simple; I was brought low, and He saved me." (Psalms 116:6).
- We are by default more inclined to worry about life than to wonder about life.
- Pondering on God's promises is an "Advent Solitude." I will rest in God.
- Pondering on the word of God is an "Advent Solitude."
"Then the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told them."
A Simple Spirit Rejoices In God's Marvelous Work. Rejoicing Is An Advent Gratitude.
Be ROOTED in prayer and rejoice in God's marvelous works.
- Praying to God opens our eyes to see the marvelous works of God.
- Imagine living without praying.
SIMPLIFY AND RESET YOUR LIFE
- Reset and reignite your life by resetting to your custom-made original settings.
- This is what the Creator said about YOU:
- You are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you. (Isaiah 43:4)
- You are fearfully and wonderfully made. (Psalms 139:14)
- You came with a plan for a future and a hope
- You are a new creation.
- You are my workmanship, created for good works.
- You are of more value than many sparrows.
- You are a great delight.
- God rejoices over you with singing,
ALL Because of who Christ is.