"Restore us, O God; Cause Your face to shine, You send forth Your Spirit, And You renew the face of the earth." (Psalms 80:3 & Psalms 104:30 NKJV)
The RESET 2021 church-wide fasting and prayer is to seek God for:
- A. Renewal
- B. Revival
- C. Restoration
- D. Change in how we do things
- E. Change in how we live
RESET is not going back to normal, back to your old self.
What is fasting?
- A. Tsom, (Heb) "humble one's soul."
- B. Asitos, (Gk) "one who has not eaten," "who is empty."
- C. Fasting is a physical act of humbling our soul before God.
- D. The purpose of fasting should be to take our eyes off the things of this world and to focus completely on God.
How should we pray?
- A. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-19 NKJV
- B. Prayer is about your relationship with God. When you pray for 31 people, pray that people will experience the resurrecting power of the Holy Spirit.
- C. Pray to God like Jesus prayed - in places of quiet solitude or where you can be alone with God.
God is doing something new in you and the Holy Spirit is guiding you to reset.
- A. Isaiah 43:19 NLT
- B. Pray