THE MESSAGETo Reset your love, Reset the focus of your eye. For the eye is the lamp of the body.
"Open my eyes, that I may see Wondrous things from Your law." Psalms 119:18
"The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light." Matthew 6:22
WHAT IS THE LAMP?
"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." Psalm 119:105
WHAT DOES THE WORD SAY ABOUT RESETTING YOUR LOVE?
Open My Eyes - Psalms 119:18
- What you focus on will dictate your actions.
- What you focus on will determine your reality.
Focus On What Really Matters "If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time."
" ...that I may see Wondrous things from Your law." Psalms 119:18
What Is The First Love?
- The first love is the unconditional and unlimited love of God.
- The first love says you are loved.
- John calls God's love the first love. "Let us love," he says, "because God loved us first." (1 John 4:19).
What Is The Second Love?
- A reflection of the first love--God's love
- The affirmation, affection, sympathy, encouragement and support we receive from our parents, teachers, spouses and friends
- The love that often leaves us unfulfilled
"The lamp of the body is the eye." (Matthew 6:22)
HOW TO RESET YOUR LOVE
"Therefore be imitators of God as dear children." - Ephesians 5:1
- To follow Jesus means to imitate Him,
FIX YOUR EYES ON JESUS
- Have Faith: Faith is the eye of a spiritual man and woman.
- Run the race set before you.
- Surround yourself with people who love God.
- Clean your surrounding environment.
MANAGE YOUR TIME
- Spend time with God.
- Spend time with people you love.
PAUSE AND TAKE BREAKS
- Remind yourself of what God did for you.
- Switch off and force your mind off the work at hand.
- Take a walk with God.
- The couple who sweats together tends to stay together.
EAT AND DRINK WELL
- Eat and drink for the glory of God.
- Eating habits influence romantic relationships.
PRAY AND MEDITATE TOGETHER
- Prayer and meditation keep our focus constantly on God.
- The couple who prays together tends to stay together. .
BE KIND AND BE GENEROUS
- Remind yourself of God's generosity and kindness.
- Lasting relationships are built on kindness and generosity.