The Power of Celebrating Every Win With God
HOPE: Inspiring Hope in Crisis
Sunday August 1, 2021 - Pastor Wungreiso Valui
Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me' (Matt. 25:34-36)
When you are broken, it is not the end. It can instead be the beginning of wholeness. Brokenness is not the end of your life, it can be the beginning of a new story.
Taking a step toward Christ, whose body was broken for you to make you whole. He is waiting for you to begin to write a new chapter of your life.
- The broken story of Scott (who got baptized this morning) shows you that there is hope for broken people.
- You may not be able to fix a broken device or repair a broken car, But Jesus can make you whole.
- Christ was "was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed" (Isa. 53:5)
- Brokenness is pleasing to God and this is what is written, "The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise." (Ps. 51:17)
- Jesus said, "Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me." (1 Cor. 11:24)
- We are broken people and brokenness is where we intersect with Jesus. Brokenness is a portal to supernatural life.
WHY SHOULD WE HELP OTHERS:
- So our Lord who broke His body for us said, "Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me"- (Matt. 25:40)
- Jesus said, he will come back to judge the nations, and one of the criteria to judge is our attitude and relationship towards the least and the strangers: "When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats - (Matt. 25:31)
We are broken people.
Jesus instructed us to give and not to judge.
"for I was hungry and you gave Me food"
- Hunger is universal.
- So at HOPE if a person is rich or poor, we give them food.
- We are here to give, not to judge
The same principle applies to, "I was thirsty and you gave Me drink."
"I was a stranger and you took Me in"
- Jesus said I was a stranger.
- We give because Jesus said to give.
- Give according to your ability.
Brokenness is not the end of your life, it can be the beginning of a new story.
Christ is waiting for you to begin to write a new chapter of your life.