The Dream-Maker is the Way-Maker
Sunday January 9, 2022 - Pastor Wungreiso Valui
Then Daniel said to the king, "O king, live forever! My God sent His angel and shut the lions' mouths, so that they have not hurt me, because I was found innocent before Him; and also, O king, I have done no wrong before you." - Daniel 6:22-23
God, the Dream-maker is also the Way-Maker.
God made a way out of the lions' den for Daniel.
Take on God's dream; He will bring it to pass. The Dream-maker will assure the success of His dream.
HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN
When God gives dreams and visions, you need spiritual disciplines to fulfill them.
God is the Dream-maker.
God is the Way-maker.
But you need to be in a right relationship with God to experience your breakthroughs.
To experience a breakthrough, change has to happen within.
Daniel's story in the Bible began with a disaster. He and his three friends; Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah were among the youth taken as captives to Babylon.
- The Opportunity: In Babylon they were chosen for a select royal leadership program.
- The Challenge: The program was intended to assimilate them into the culture and lose their own identity.
LESSONS ON BREAKTHROUGH IN OUR WORK & PROFESSION FROM DANIEL
1. Have An Excellent Spirit In You
Then this Daniel distinguished himself above the governors and satraps, because an excellent spirit was in him; and the king gave thought to setting him over the whole realm. -Daniel 6:1-3
EXCELLENT means Choice fruit, Abundance, Pre-eminent.
- Daniel made God preeminent in his life and his spirit was preeminent over fleshly desire.
- Daniel constantly sought the favor of God, while others were seeking the favor of the king.
- The finished work of the Cross cannot be fulfilled without the work of the Holy Spirit.
- The dreams and visions from God cannot be fulfilled without the help of the Holy Spirit.
IMPACT OF EXCELLENT SPIRIT
- You will excel in your work. (Daniel distinguished himself above the governors and satraps...verse 3)
- You will minimize error. (...but they could find no charge or fault in him. -verse 4)
- Daniel worked with those who did not believe in God, but he worked with an excellent spirit and found favor with King Darius.
CALL TO ACTION
- Establish good relationships with believers. (Daniel asked the king to hire his three friends. Daniel 2:49)
- Look for the interests of non believers. (Daniel's action did not harm the eunuch. Daniel 1:13-15)
2. Be Faithful
So the governors and satraps sought to find some charge against Daniel concerning the kingdom; but they could find no charge or fault, because he was faithful; nor was there any error or fault found in him. -Daniel 6:4
- Daniel was faithful to God: You can embrace education and training in a non-Christian environment and still be loyal to God.
- Be faithful to your conviction: You can embrace work in non-Christian setting without compromising your convictions.
- Let your integrity show your faithfulness: Have integrity in your public and private lives.
IMPACT OF FAITHFULNESS
- Faithfulness is the key to a long-lasting relationship.
- Faithfulness is the top quality that people look for in a relationship.
- God will reward your faithfulness.
CALL TO ACTION
- Adopt a humble and grateful life.
- Be willing to give up everything if you are asked to deny God.
3. Be A Person of Prayer
Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went home. And in his upper room, with his windows open toward Jerusalem, he knelt down on his knees three times that day, and prayed and gave thanks before his God, as was his custom since early days. -Daniel 6:10
- Daniel knew the decree was signed yet he went home and prayed to God. (Do not allow bad things to disrupt your prayer life).
- Do not limit yourself to a task you can accomplish on your own. Rely on God in prayer.
- Spiritual Disciplines bring growth and success. When we honor God, He honors us.
- Constant prayer and communion with God is essential to focus on specific details of daily work.
IMPACT OF PRAYER
God will help you accomplish your daily work.
CALL TO ACTION
- Establish a consistent personal prayer life.
- Create space at home and workplace where people can share concerns, failures and successes with others.
- Create a group that can pray with you. (Daniel asked his three friends to pray for him.)
4. Spend Time In Fasting
Now the king went to his palace and spent the night fasting; and no musicians were brought before him. Also his sleep went from him. -Daniel 6:18
- Daniel fasted to gain understanding and humble himself before God.
- King Darius fasted for the safety of Daniel.
- Fasting teaches you to draw a line of faith that you will not cross. (Stay loyal to God.)
- It makes you preeminent over your fleshly desires.
CALL TO ACTION
- Fast and pray for your own breakthrough.
- Fast and pray for the breakthrough of others.
5. Prosper Your Soul
So this Daniel prospered in the reign of Darius and in the reign of Cyrus the Persian. -Daniel 6:28
- Daniel prospered in his soul and prospered in his work.
- Daniel served a pagan king for the purposes of God.
- Do not let outward prosperity cause inward decline.
- When you prosper in your soul, you will prosper in your daily work.
CALL TO ACTION
- Excel in your work here and now.
- Maintain integrity. Your labor transcends the here and now; it has eternal significance.
- 1. Take on God's dream; He will bring it to pass. The Dream-maker will assure the success of His dream.
- 2. When God gives dreams and visions, you need spiritual disciplines to fulfill them.
- 3. You need to be in a right relationship with God to experience your breakthroughs.
- 4. To experience a breakthrough, change has to happen within.