Sunday February 6, 2022 - Pastor Wungreiso Valui
And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers. Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles. Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common, and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need. So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.. -Acts 2:42-47 (NKJV)
WHAT IS THE GOAL OF ROOTED?
The goal is for you to deepen your connection with God, His Church, and your purpose in the epic story that He is writing through human history.
Rooted is a catalyst for life-change. We pray that you will experience change and transformation in the next 10 weeks.
ROOTED IS FOR EVERYONE
No matter where you stand in your relationship with Jesus at the beginning of Rooted, there is always room to move forward.
YOU NEED A CATALYST FOR LIFE-CHANGE
A STRONG ROOT
- A tall tree needs a strong root. Any plant needs a strong root to produce flowers and bear fruit.
- It requires help from people to have a strong root.
A STRONG LEADER
- A strong leader needs a strong root
- In most cases, there is always someone deeply rooted behind a strong leader.
A GOOD STUDENT
- A good student needs a strong root.
- All of us need a catalyst to become the person we were created to be.
Rooted is a catalyst for life-change.
And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved. -Acts 2:47
- How can you celebrate with God daily?
- What can we do to experience God's daily blessings?
THE SEVEN RHYTHMS
During the 10-week Rooted experience, you will engage in seven individual rhythms designed to help you tune in to God daily: Daily Devotions, Prayer, Freedom From Strongholds, Sacrificial Generosity, Serving The Community, Sharing Your Story, and Celebration.
1. Daily Devotions
They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching. -Acts 2:42a (NIV)
- A spiritual discipline helps you with what you need to focus on the rest of the day.
- A spiritual discipline trains your faith.
- A spiritual discipline keeps you connected to God.
...and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. -Acts 2:42b (NIV)
- Prayer is the best way to start the day. It sets the right tone.
- In prayer, God gives you His full attention.
- In prayer, you give God your full attention.
3. Freedom from Strongholds
Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles. -Acts 2:43 (NKJV)
- Renew your mind.
- Receive God's power.
- Remain in Christ.
4. Sacrificial Generosity
All who believed were together, and had all things in common. -Acts 2:44 (NKJV)
- God practiced sacrificial generosity.
- Jesus gave sacrificially.
- When we sacrifice generously, we are walking in the footsteps of God and Jesus.
5. Serving The Community
...and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need. -Acts 2:45 (NKJV)
- We are called to serve.
- We are given the power to serve.
6. Sharing Your Stories
So continuing daily with one accord in the temple.... -Acts 2:46a (NKJV)
- Get the word out.
- Share God's story.
- Share your story.
...breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved. -Acts 2:46b-47 (NKJV)
- Celebrate the journey and your spiritual journey beyond ROOTED.
- Celebrate defining moments.
- Experience the truth that God loves you specifically and has a beautiful plan for your life.
- Learn that God has gifted you perfectly for His purposes.
- Learn how to pray to unleash the power of His Spirit.
- Learn about Jesus' heart for serving the poor.
- Learn God's ability to destroy Satan's strongholds in your life.
- Learn how God wants you to steward the material resources He's given you.