50 Days To Upgrade Your Life
(Easter To Pentecost Series)
Show Up For Yourself
Sunday April 17, 2022 - Pastor Wungreiso Valui
WHAT IS REBOOT SERIES
The Resurrection and Pentecost made you eligible for an upgrade to your life. The good news is that it is prepaid and comes with a lifetime warranty.
An upgrade is more than changing locations, professions, or people; it is about renewing your mind-
- To protect against attack and security risks from the enemy.
- To fix spiritual bugs and prevent lasting negative impacts.
- To improve and extend spiritual battery life for greater performance.
- To provide tools for maximum productivity and efficiency.
Steps To Upgrade Your Life
The first step to upgrading your life is to show up.
You can seize good opportunities when you show up.
THE MESSAGE: Show Up For Yourself:
Take your calling and yourself seriously. Jesus showed up. The eleven disciples showed up where Jesus had appointed them.
Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had appointed for them. When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted. -Matthew 28:16-17
The Disciples Showed Up
- The distance from Jerusalem to Galilee is 126km, which is 78.2 miles.
- The disciples' showing up changed their lives and the world.
- Showing up is a demonstration of your commitment and a mark of your character.
Jesus Showed Up
When they saw Him, they worshiped Him. -Matthew 28:17
- Jesus showed up with the cross at Calvary on Friday.
- Jesus showed up on the third day when He rose from the dead.
- Jesus showed up to His disciples.
Why Should You Show Up Consistently?
- Showing up is a powerful habit that can help you achieve your goals.
- There is a saying: "80% of success is showing up." (Woody Allen)
- Showing up can help you reach your fullest potential.
- Showing up means being prepared to put in the work.
What Happens When You Don't Show Up?
- You can fail to reach your fullest potential.
- Judas did not show up.
WHY DO WE SHOW UP? DISCIPLESHIP PIPELINE
KIDZ: FAMILY LIFE MINISTRY
- Jesus showed up for the children.
- Six times Jesus showed His care for children. (Matthew 18:6, Matthew 18:10, Matthew 18:14, Mark 9:37, Luke 18:16, Luke 18:17)
- Showing up for your children with your whole being is one of the best predictors for future success and overall well-being.
- Children ministry feeds the youth ministry.
VIBE YOUTH GROUP
- Jesus was a youth himself and He showed up.
- Jesus was a youth himself. The boy Jesus, at 12 years old, was at the temple courts sitting among the teachers, listening and asking them questions for three days. (Luke 2:41-52)
- Jesus showed up for the youth.
- Jesus healed three boys and two girls and impacted five families: a royal official (John 4), a widow (Luke 7), a Gentile woman (Matthew 15), a religious leader (Mark 5), and a desperate father (Mark 9).
- When you show up, God can do amazing things.
- Youth ministry prepares the youth to retain their faith.
- Jesus showed up in small groups.
- When you show up, you can be among the small band of groups to lead in changing the world.
- Life Groups can prepare you to lead.
LIFE GROUP LEADERS AND MINISTRY TEAM LEADERS
- Jesus showed up for Peter and James, the chosen leaders. (Luke 24:34, 1 Corinthians 15:7)
- When you show up you can be chosen in establishing an organization.
- The Life Group leaders and ministry team leaders feed the Board.
- Jesus showed up to seven disciples. (John 21:1-2)
- When you show up, you can be called to have a key role in leading your organization.
HOW CAN WE SHOW UP?
Show up with your whole being. Be present.
- Focus on the process rather than the outcome.
- Leave the outcome to God. It is God who gives the increase.
Have a plan to show up.
- Decide where and when you plan to show up.
- Good things can happen when you show up. Even on days when you don't feel like it, show up.
Follow through on your good intentions.
- Good intentions are not enough. "A great idea is not enough." (Rosabeth Moss Kanter, Harvard)
- Make a point to show up.
You don't have to be great to show up.
- You have to show up to be great.
- The disciples were not great. The resurrection upgraded their lives.
- They were known as people "who have turned the world upside down." (Acts 17:6b)
YOUR DAILY TAKEAWAYS
Stop Making Excuses
- Success starts when you stop making excuses.
- The excuses are the greatest enemy to showing up.
- The excuses are many, but the solution can be simple: Show up.
Start Showing Up Today
- Showing up requires a change of heart.
- Showing up requires a change of mindset.
- Showing up requires a change in your attitude.
- Start showing up for yourself and to upgrade your life.
- The Resurrection made you eligible for an upgrade to have an abundant and eternal life.