50 Days To Upgrade Your Life
(Easter To Pentecost Series)
Sunday May 8, 2022 - Pastor Wungreiso Valui
THE BIG IDEA
Start over by getting involved in God's miracle
Jesus invited the disciples to get involved in God's miracle.
THE OUTCOMEThe disciples experienced a miracle
THE REBOOT STORY John 21:1-14
Jesus made breakfast for the seven disciples.
THE MAIN VERSE
"And He said to them, "Cast the net on the right side of the boat, and you will find some. So they cast, and now they were not able to draw it in because of the multitude of fish." (John 21:6)
After these things Jesus showed Himself again to the disciples at the Sea of Tiberia v1
- This is the third appearance of Jesus after the resurrection
Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." v3
- Peter told six other disciples that he was going fishing
- The seven disciples went fishing and caught NOTHING
Double-mindedness hinders us from experiencing God's miracle.
For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. James 1:7-8
This is how Jesus showed Himself
"But when the morning had now come, Jesus stood on the shore; yet the disciples did not know that it was Jesus. Then Jesus said to them, Children, have you any food?" John 20:4-5
- Jesus stood on the shore
- Jesus asked if they had any food
They answered Him, "No."
This is how Jesus involved the disciples in God's miracle
" And He said to them, "Cast the net on the right side of the boat, and you will find some. So they cast, and now they were not able to draw it in because of the multitude of fish." John 20:6
- Whatever profession you are in, you will experience disappointment.
- The story reminds us that we must not be weary in doing good.
- We must continue our labor with prayer and faith that we will receive the reward from the Lord
Cast the net on the right side of the boat, and you will find some v6
- Jesus directed the disciple to cast their net on the right side of the boat
- We must get involved with Jesus to experience a miracle.
"And you shall remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth Deuteronomy 8:18
Right thoughts lead to right action and right actions lead to the right outcome
So they cast, and now they were not able to draw it in because of the multitude of fish. v6
- The disciples accepted Christ's invitation and got involved in the miracle
- Jesus invites us to experience miracles in our daily lives but we must get involved with Him.
Jesus is the provider
- We are to cast our net wide and God will give the reward
- God counts everyone including the odd ones
What Can We Learn From This Story
Do not venture out on your own.
- The disciples went out in the night into the deep waters to catch fish and caught nothing (v3)
- Don't go solo. Partner with God.
- The disciples came by the shore, shallow water where Jesus was and they caught multitudes of fish (v8)
The ability to make a living comes from God
- The disciples had no food (v5)
- Jesus is the provider of our daily miracle
- Jesus had food, he had fish and bread laid on the fire (v9)
Not all things are beneficial or profitable
- "...they were not able to draw it in because of the multitude of fish (v6)
- Let go of things that will keep you from experiencing God's miracle.
- Simon Peter went up and dragged the net to land, full of large fish, one hundred and fifty-three (v11)
Jesus is enough
- Then Jesus said to them, "Children, have you any food? They answered Him, "No." (v5)
- Jesus is the maker of our daily miracle
- "...Come and eat breakfast. Jesus then came and took the bread and gave it to them, and likewise the fish (vs 12-13)