The 11th Commandment
Sharing the Gospel: Matthew Model on Sharing Our Faith
Sunday September 3rd, 2017 - Pastor Wungreiso Valui
As Jesus passed on from there, He saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax office. And He said to him, "Follow Me." So he arose and followed Him. Now it happened, as Jesus sat at the table in the house, that behold, many tax collectors and sinners came and sat down with Him and His disciples. And when the Pharisees saw it, they said to His disciples, "Why does your Teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" When Jesus heard that, He said to them, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. 13 "But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy and not sacrifice.' For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance" (Matthew 9:9-13).
How Do We Set Goals?
Set A God-sized Goal And Have A Mustardseed-Sized Faith
Jesus Model on Sharing The Gospel
Seizing Opportunities And Evangelizing God's Kingdom
Jesus always seized an opportunity to do good works and to display God's kingdom.
What can we learn from Jesus?
- Seize every opportunity presented to you.
- Always be ready to do good
- Connect with people outside your comfort zone (Make connection with unchurched & unChrist)
Matthew Model on Sharing Our Faith
Think Like Matthew: Effective Networking And Localization
Reach out and connect with your network of friends and colleagues
What Can We Learn From Matthew?
- Open your house as an extension of organic kingdom (God's kingdom)
- Invite your old friends and new friends to your life changing party
- Create an opportunity to share stories
Plan Like Matthew: Effective Display And Networking
Make Jesus as the centerpiece, the banner of your display
- Introduce Jesus to your friends like Matthew
- Use your house, hospitality and a meal and make Jesus as a centerpiece of your dinner event- (Recipe, centerpiece on dining table, theme of the party)
Deliver Like Matthew: Reaching And Connecting The Audience Effectively
Everyone has an opportunity for a new beginning and a new life in Christ
- Share your story on how the encounter with Jesus changed your life (Before and after about you)